View Single Post
Old 2012-12-08, 21:20   Link #1763
bloodyclaws

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
"Back at the restaurant, Tatsuya is thinking about the magic Lina just used, “Heavy Metal Burst.” It is a magic which takes disperses heavy metals and turns them into plasma. The transformation creates a strong shock wave. This is primarily done, he concludes, by Lina's weapon, which also forms a barrier to contain the shock wave and plasma to prevent extraneous damage (hence why the surroundings were not damaged by the attack). He also understands that its attack can move at an instant, perhaps fast enough that
his Regrowth cannot catch up."

The release of energy from Material Burst would certainly reach his brain and destroy his MPZ faster than his Auto-Restoration. You have to remember, Restoration doesn't block the attack. It just heals the damage taken. The speed of this restoration is proportional to the amount of damage taken..

No its 50. It said 150 in the summary because the guy who got his leg blown off was in that state for 30 sec and Tatsuya had to compress the pain into 0.2 sec.

@Ddraig: You mean if Tatsuya used MAterial Burst on the whole Earth?

@Mentar: If you're referring to Ddraig's question, it is merely a physics question based on fictional, but theoretically physical, circumstances.
ah. Thanks for the correction. So does it mean the longer a person is in pain depending on the injury, the higher the pain he would have to recieve? like 300 times for a blown off limb for 1 min?

also, on the topic of his material burst. With my knowledge on the mahoukaverse so far, I certainly agree with you. But heres something to think about. I believe tatsuya was still restricted in his battle with Lina (correct if wrong). If Lina's heavy metal burst is instant, then that means that there are magic out there that do not have any lag time. Who's to say that an unrestricted restoration is not lagless? If the speed is porportionate to the damage taken, then it would have to be instant for him to survive something like his material burst.

Of course, I am still not sure of the benefits unsealing does to him other than unsealing his psion count. So everything is still speculation on my part. But just a thought :P