Thread: StarCraft 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-10, 15:34   Link #8197
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Region locking to teams will really fuck some teams over imo. Esp those who are participating in team leagues.

I have always thought that for NA players to break out, they need to work harder. The Europeans have shown that through hardwork they can stand toe-to-toe with some of the mid-high tier korean players.

Catz is a prime example. He is one of the loudest voices against Koreans in NA WCS. He talks about how they need incentives (as if they haven't had IPL/MLG/NASL/WCS/local tournaments in the past which is a pain for koreans to get into unless seeded/sponsored).

This may be harsh, but he:
i) isn't that great in the game.
ii) isn't as popular as other SC2 personalities.

Yet riding on this "pro-american" wave he has the face to stand out and ask people to donate money to his team for a teamhouse, while some of the hardworking korean teams are struggling heavily in staying together financially...

For me it is very difficult to think he just wants rewards without putting forth the effort.

Great players are not formed by genetics or talents, but through pure hard work and self motivation. The crying NA players refuses to acknowledge how many B-teamers in Korea have essentially failed to even break out and retired without even getting proper post-secondary education or a progaming license.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote