View Single Post
Old 2010-03-11, 18:11   Link #296
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Again, that pretty much defines a damsel in distress. Not all damsels have to be weak, they just have to be in a situation where they need to be saved. Sakura may have been strong if not for Zouken, she may not even want to be saved, but the point is that she does need to be saved. The entire route revolves around saving Sakura. That makes her a damsel in distress.
So you don't like Rin, then, since she was in the same position in her route? Or Saber, since she needed Shirou to save her repeatedly in Fate?

All three girls are 'damsels in distress' at some point in their routes, and Shirou has to save them. True, Sakura has it worse (like you said, it's most of the route), but they all get it, so you should hate all of them. And don't say "but Sakura never fights", because she does. She fights to help Shirou. It's just that her battle is a mental one more than a physical one. Just because her entire life isn't based around killing people like Saber's was, that doesn't mean that she's somehow a worthless person who deserves to be scorned.

Quote:
I never claimed it was fair. I never claimed it was a 'right reason' for not liking Sakura as much. It is, however, the main reason I don't like her as much as I do Saber or Rin.
Well, fair enough. I still don't see why you have such a problem with people needing help sometimes, though. No-one can go through life without getting help from other people sometimes, and no-one can always stand up for themselves, especially a child. Your position just doesn't make any sense.

Quote:
Oh, and please don't compare my dislike for a fictional character to my real life relatives in an attempt to make things personal. That's just pathetic and insulting.
I wasn't attempting to make things personal, I was using an example....

The point is that she's not always like that, any more than a sick person is. So, it's not fair to dislike her just because she happens to be ill during her route.
Cherry_Lover is offline   Reply With Quote