Thread: Circumcision
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-27, 02:19   Link #58
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
@Mystique

What I see for most of the reasons you've given for circumcision and hygiene is that people don't do it.

That's it.
That's sealed it.

My role is done, I've given enough evidence over 3 posts in this thread for people to make up their own minds for a "for or against" side, that was my main concern on this note about circumcision.
As long as everyone could read, see both sides and learn and educate themselves and then make their own thoughts, then I'm cool.
I'm not trying to convince you even to change your mind, you're entitled to your beliefs, but you don't even see the reasoning and acceptance from the other side of the coin.

The fact that there are parents who don't teach their kids how to wash the foreskin or are knowledgeable in penile hygiene (as is the official term) aren't necessarily idiots. Some are, some aren't.
Like Ledgem said, many won't even have the knowledge and go under the 'it worked for me, so it's cool' thought, but nonetheless it happens.
Yes humans are stupid and not so clean and make common errors, I brought all of that to light in order to counter your 'just use a soap and take a bath'.
If only life was that simple.

At this point I think I've argued from most sides.
Free will issue?
I am a kid who had their 'free will' taken away, if I had to pierce my ears now, alike Narona, I'd probably not do it.
But it's a part of me, I like wearing earrings and think them pretty.
Quote:
Whatever they think now doesn't really matter. They should be able to decide for themselves when they're older. Not their parents. What if they *wanted* to keep their foreskin?
How do you know?
How-do-you-know?

Why in God's name are you speculating and lamenting for people who are more or less writing in this thread to you in english
'I'm circumcised.... yeah, maybe it'd have been nice to decide but it's done and doesn't effect me, I don't see the big deal out it, meh.'
The past is the past and cannot be changed and has been proven and said many a time in this thread, it gives no adverse negative effects, it's a case closed.
Nothing to see here, move on already please. :\

You've just ignored that, I've said the same thing from someone as a girl who had their "free will" taken away,
I'm telling you, we grow up with this, its part of us, it's natural, we live life with it, it's what we know, we trust our parents to make decisions for us as babies in the hope that it'll benefit us.

The only 'bad thing' circumcision wise in a long term effect side, is that the guys aren't as sensitive with the foreskin.
The benefits and lifestyle with it?
I refer back to my mini novella above, they're all possible reasons why people would consider circumcision, not be against it. xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
The OP here asked a question he already knew the answer to - the answer he wanted to hear. So what's the point? Certainly not to enlighten himself or anyone else. Seems to me it was to ridicule anyone he disagreed with.

Thus I bow out.
Time to get on with my life, as much as I'm tempted to hang in here, I may reply on a funny note if i see some interesting posts, but done trying to explain now.

(All this effort and hell, I'm a woman) xD

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia

Last edited by Mystique; 2009-05-27 at 06:45.