View Single Post
Old 2012-04-12, 16:40   Link #28421
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Before EP 6, does the meta-narrative help us catch onto ShKanon? Kanon is dead wasn't a hint. It was a trick that only existed in meta and was meant to throw us off.

And by EP 8 the goats were denying Kanon's existence.
The goats have access to information we don't, so you have to consider the possibility that they couldn't find any records of Kanon or Shannon's existence as the people the stories portray them to be, and thus concluded (accurately, perhaps!) that they don't really exist.

That aside, it's possible to reach the idea of either of Kanon/Shannon not really existing through nothing more than the board narratives of ep1-4. Kanon not having a visible corpse would be a big reason, and that's something that will be noticed even if there's no meta-dialogue to call attention to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
Ever realize that the logic error in EP6 is a logic error in and of itself? In EP4 we know that if it cannot be true, it cannot be said in red. BATTLER made the game, making sure there were no logic errors. If his move could not be made, he would not have been able to make it to begin with. But Erika and Lambda decide he's in a logic error, that his move could not possibly be made. How could this happen? Everything, even the game with BATTLER and Erika are a part of the game on a higher plane, or even a forgery.
If a solution to a Logic Error exists, there was never a Logic Error in the first place. Battler entered the paradoxical world of a Logic Error state intentionally by refusing to divulge the solution. It's what he intended all along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Something interesting I just noticed- In EP6:

# [Request: 'The six first twilight victims are located at the places where they were discovered. Natsuhi is in her room, Eva is in the VIP room, Kyrie is in Krauss's study, Rosa and Maria are in the parlor, and you are in the guest room!'] I acknowledge it.
# [Request: 'Hideyoshi, George, Shannon, Kumasawa, and Nanjo are in the next room over!'] Acknowledged.
# [It has already been shown that Kinzo no longer exists, so please remove him from the word 'everyone'.] I acknowledge that everyone else is in the cousins' room.

Erika herself was never mentioned. Wouldn't that mean that she, too, would technically be included in "everyone else"? Which would mean that either she's actually in the cousins' room at the time, or doesn't exist (at the time).

Or you could suppose that there's an implication that she's not part of "everyone else" because her location is obvious.
There is an implication that Erika is not including herself in the location check, but ultimately it doesn't matter because at the moment of the check Erika's present location is entirely theoretical since the game essentially collapses to a singularity. It's clear that she meant to exclude herself and Kinzo from "everyone else." Because Kinzo's exclusion is acknowledged, and because Kanon apparently doesn't count as "everyone else" if he's not presently existing at the time (which I think is a crock, but whatever), it's clear that Battler's "everyone else" is not referring to "everyone."

Indeed, I'm surprised no solution has ever been proposed for Dawn that takes Battler quite literally and solves the logic error through some incredible troll logic which posits that Erika cannot verify anything at all regarding the status of Battler's room because she is trapped in the next room over with every other being that exists anywhere in the universe, crammed into a space the size of a tiny bedroom and completely unable to move, see, or breathe.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote