View Single Post
Old 2013-06-14, 16:18   Link #438
Dawnstorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I admit I don't quite understand - is the tiger supposed to be the himegami's fate?
Did I really post that? I thought I delted it, before posting. Gah!

You pretty much get the gist of the comparison. It's just that it doesn't really work too well. I'm not surprised you don't quite understand.

Quote:
I meant that Miyuki essentially said "don't be afraid, I'm here for you, we'll find a way to avoid ruining humankind and all that bad stuff." And in the end Izumiko essentially says "OK, I really appreciate this and am totally in love with you but won't say it just yet." Basically nobody implies that the future is now 100% safe - of course we know everything is going to be okay because otherwise there was no point, but as far as the characters are concerned this was just the first big step on their journey.
I guess my point is that that's character perspective. But the narrative perspective, which is what I take in account, includes where you start and stop a story, etc.

(Also, Time loops are... loopy. What if the himegami has the same idea every time round, but still persists from prior loops. So that the first time round you have one himegami, and then you get another one, the older ones loose their memories, but there's a never-ending supply of new ones... Sorry, I'll stop there.)
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote