View Single Post
Old 2009-02-27, 17:40   Link #291
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post
If it all comes down to his lack of experience then speed should be the last of his concerns. Instead of trying to keep up with his opponents' speed he would be saying "damn, I can't block a single attack because I have hardly any experience in swordfighting" or maybe "oh no, my getsuga tensho isn't powerfull enough because I haven't had years to master it" but instead it's the opponents speed that gives him trouble, which doesn't make sense because with tensa zangetsu Ichigo's speed should be his strongest point.
Speed is his strongest point, but that doesn't mean his speed is better than his opponents. Speed is as much a part of training as ones capabilities with a sword.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
If you think about it he has had quite a lot of experience, he trumped high level opponents, 3rd seats, normal shinigami, arrancar, hollows that all adds up in terms of experience so he isn't as inexperienced as you portray him.
I don't think that anyone here, at least I'm not, is saying that he doesn't have any experience, its just that he doesn't have anywhere near the experience of his opponents and when I mention experience, training should be mentioned as well. How long did he train with Urahara and Yoruichi, I don't remember the specific length, but I do remember it wasn't even a year, compare that to the enemies he has fought so far, even Renji, who went to school for the specific task of learning how to be a Shinigami. Look at Grim and Ulq, they obviously had to devour many hollows and menos, to achieve their status as either Adjuchas or VLs, how much experience did that earn them.

Whoops I forgot