View Single Post
Old 2007-10-12, 08:38   Link #21
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

So that's how JC STAFF explain Yuji's level up: By having Mana Transfer...sorry, Memory Transfer with Hecate.

The anime also finally introduces the "Kaikin", the safety mechanism of the Reiji Maigo to prevent anyone from harming its host Mistes for a specific reason which I'll not spoil here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by difference with novel, non-spoiler
In novel volume 4, which details Shana's fight with the Aizen siblings (The goth-loli and shota siblings), as in the anime, when Sydonay (the guy with the shades) saw Yuji moving, he digs his hand inside Yuji. This is where the "Kaikin" first comes into action, severing Sydonay's arm (though Syd later grew a new one with ease).

Syd's severed arm then got absorbed by the Reiji Maigo, adding to Yuji's total HP, er, I mean total Power of Existence.

Last but not least, HECATE IN SAILOR FUKU!!!

At first I thought the only chance of seeing Hecate in a school uniform was in one of the sketches in series illustrator Ito Noiji's art corner at the end of novel Vol 8. Never would I think that JC STAFF would actually grant Ito her wish. (For those of you wondering, yes, schoolgirl Hecate is an anime original. )

(Ito has similar experience with another art sketch, showing a "manly" Yuji and a "girly" Shana, i.e. Shana and Yuji had their bodies swapped. Series author Takahashi Yashiro wrote a special short story for her, included in her Shana artbook, Guren. )

PS I LOL'ed when someone said the guy in the preview looked like that Zest knight in Nanoha StrikerS.