View Single Post
Old 2009-04-07, 02:07   Link #161
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I never remembered any of my auditions or concerts, most probably I was in a subconscious bubble whenever I play long pieces.

How Bach invented music theory is just like how Shakespeare invented modern English. Beethoven's pieces often contain heavy overtures and are supposedly played as he held a metal rod in his mouth and used it to "listen" to the pieces. He tried alot of medical treatments, including bathing in murky river water (people at his time bathe without soap, and often once every 2 days), wearing bark strips over his ears and pouring vinegar into his ears (interestingly Hamlet's father died from hensbane poured in the same way, but that is another story).

It seems that you pianists here talk alot about the CLASSICAL aspect of music. What about modern piano players like Jay Chou, Maksim, etc? Do they have to wait 200-300 years to be properly verified as musical geniuses? George Gershwin is probably one of the more well known musicians of the 20th century, with his pieces of modernisation like Rhapsody in Blue, Porgy and Bess, West Side Story (Romeo and Juliet of the Industrial Revolution), etc.

IMO music is music. I am fine with any piece, including hip-hop/rap/techno. Music is a "subtly direct" way of conveying emotions. What you hear is what you get.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote