Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 14:50   Link #1159
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
He was just a bodyguard before but now he's saving face for Maou's lack of action in the Demon World, calming the clans that are getting restless. This is stated in the anime and he's been successful so far. It would be bad if some Demon clans started their own "crusades", or even a coup d'etat.

Anime is not failing to portray Hero's character. The rest of the feelings about Hero in your post are exactly what you are expected to have in your head. This is evidence that the anime is doing fine on this issue.

Anime is doing a few sacrifices, the biggest one to me is that it's failing to portray a balanced view of the world. It's been %97 human side so far. Even if they skipped the HOTBLOODED SCREAMING POWER BATTLES (fan service for 8th graders), they could have show Hero's talk with the Dragon Clan leader. The anime didn't introduce us to how the demons are, which is a shame considering we are 1/3 into it.
We will very likely have a flash back to that once the anime starts following Hero,s side of the story as it does set up a key plot point that is unavoidable unless major changes are made to the story. I do wish I knew if the order of events was the same in the manga as the novel. For all we know the anime may be sticking even closer to the novel then the manga did.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote