View Single Post
Old 2009-05-20, 20:24   Link #1103
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I don't really see what the big deal is here. Soldiers who delight in killing, and soldiers who are disgusted, are equally sympathetic (or unsympathetic, as the case may be) to me: after all, they're all just grunts, and all just human. The attitudes and feelings of such obviously un-self-aware characters really do nothing in terms of making me like or dislike a faction.

It's really the goals and leadership which matter, and in that regard I find Charles more sympathetic than the Fuhrer and even maybe Mustang.
Say what? Mustang wanted to become Fuhrer in order to put an end to the corruption and tyranny within the military. How was Charles any better than that?

Quote:
I really have no problem with the kind of people Cornelia, Schniezel, Euphemia, Darlton, Guilford, Jeremiah, Viletta (eh, well I suppose perhaps not the latter two), etc. were either.
The former 3 were in leadership positions, so Cornelia, for instance, was quite responsible for her actions, which she had no problems carrying out, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight
Did Lelouch redeem himself at the end?

Somewhat, but he will never be a hero, but then again that's what makes him a unique character. Even when his trying to be heroic his doing it wrong.
True, but he still had a greater sense of honor than many other characters in the show. (Not that you're necessarily saying otherwise.)
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote