View Single Post
Old 2011-02-01, 16:07   Link #224
marvelB

About Garp and Sengoku taking down Blackbeard: I'm not 100% certain about that. I mean, before Shanks came along and blew his ref whistle on the war, Blackbeard was about to take on the both of those guys solo. And this was despite him getting smacked around by Sengoku's shockwaves just previous to this handicap matchup. Maybe Teach was confident that he could take the both of them on because they were old fogies like Whitebeard, but he certainly showed no sign of backing down from those two legendary marines......

.....Which is why I still found it kinda odd that he ran away from Akainu later on. If he didn't back down against 2 legends at Marineford (both of whom being admiral-level at that), then I don't really see any reason why he should've ran from the red hound. I'm not saying that he should have quake-punched him the instant he arrived on that island or whatever, but he could have just silently handed over Bonney and went on his merry way with no conflict (and yes, I'm aware that being cowardly is more fitting of his nature, but still).......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote