View Single Post
Old 2013-07-09, 12:45   Link #181
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
</drama queen mode>

Anyone else think the translation team killed the anime for the Western fans?

>2ch/Douga sites
"Oh man this is nostalgic, the VAs (Note: Maizono's Kirby in Japan, and Celes was Momo in Tama and Friends, and of course Doraemon etc.) and the BGM and everything. Brings back nice memories of when I cleared the game 2 years ago."
>4chan
"Lol it's so similar the game that it's a rip off and the game's superior in everyway anime's a shit, now I wish they did not follow the game so it's more interesting."

YES I take 4chan to represent Western fans because I think it has a population bigger than here + MAL + ANN combined; besides, I have the feeling that people who experienced the game aren't that supportive of the anime here anyway besides a few people like marvelB etc. Meanwhile my current roommate who has never seen an anime in his life said the episode's pretty interesting when he watched the Chinese sub with me (speaking of which where's English sub? He probably would have a much easier time reading that instead ...), and that Maizono's cute but probably evil; his only complaint is that he can't memorize the names but at least he can identify them by their characteristics. He would probably keep watching it with me until he has to go back to England in a month's time or so.

Hence the conclusion in the introduction </insert this-is-why-we-can't-have-nice-things.jpg here>
Sigh, I will probably follow this series elsewhere; this is utmost disappointing because I got interested in the series here. I can't help but feel people would enjoy it a lot more if they never played the game now (kinda like nobody actually read the novel for Horizon so I don't have to deal with idiots saying how the anime team killed all Kawakami's "personal touch" during season 2).
Well we can't say how much it will copy the game until we have seen the first crime. there is a small chance that they came up with different victims and perpetrators, since the original 1st victim

Spoiler for 1st Victim - demo:

The chance is really small and I don't know if it would be for the better to change character's deaths around, but it would certainly make things more interesting, especially considering how you don't even need to investigation part to figure out how most crimes have happened in the game.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote