View Single Post
Old 2012-11-11, 20:48   Link #267
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Important Note: I strongly encourage re-reading the "Madoka Is Alone" section in the post linked to within "Madoka Is Alone" below. This is probably necessary to refresh your memory on a narrative chain that hasn't been touched on in a long time...

Mami Lives Chapter 12
Madoka is Alone, Will Sayaka Choose Red or Yellow? Finale

The witch fight we are facing now is an unusual one, to say the least. Most importantly, this witch has had no fewer than four fearsome familiars fighting for her! Kyouko and I managed to defeat the first two, but the remaining two are proving to be quite the challenge…

First it was some weird creature shaped like a teenaged girl, but with a ‘head’ that was just a big mouth surrounded by endless blonde hair. Her screeching, deafening noise was annoying enough, but even worse was trying to take down that trampy familiar while she bounced up and down on a trampoline!

Then it was a familiar that looked almost exactly like a teenaged boy, only he was wearing a fencing mask as he served up explosive volleys with a badminton racket! Thankfully, I was able to blast away his bombs with my rifles, while Kyouko cut him down to size.

Mami’s Tiro Finale did the job against the ear-searing songstress, but right after she finished her off, she was sent flying by a headless horsewoman shooting off a barrage of arrows! As loath as I am to admit it, I’m now pinned down by a familiar rippin’ off sentai heroes. He’s covered from head to toe in classic sentai garb, and he’s a fast and strong one! I’ve managed to parry his fancy martial arts moves with my spear, but he hasn’t shown an opening yet.

And all of this keeps us from reaching our true goal, the witch herself. Half of her face is like a normal human face, while the other half is covered by a mask straight out of Phantom of the Opera. She sits on a humongous piano, and plays enchanting music on it, while a giant cat that must weigh about five hundred pounds sits on top of the piano, purring contentedly.

I’d be contented too if I was that well-fed! I’ve seen some fat cats before, but nothing like that monstrosity.

But the most important thing now is how time is running out, due to how both Kyouko and I are tiring. I can feel exhaustion begin to set in for me, as sweat lies uneasily across my brow, and my current assailant is able to match every rifle shot I make with explosive arrows of her own.

I can also tell that my Soul Gem is beginning to darken. This witch is an impressively powerful one, to be able to vex two Puella Magi like this. My mind races to think of a way to overcome our current predicament, but I can find none at all.

I can’t help but think that Kyouko and I… need help, and soon.

If you chose A for MSA Choice 2, read Section The Dark Knight Rises to Save Her Red Robin!
If you chose B for MSA Choice 2, read Section From Green Protégé to Blue Savior!

Spoiler for The Dark Knight Rises to Save Her Red Robin!:

Spoiler for From Green Protégé to Blue Savior!:

I can’t believe how well that went. My heart was racing the entire time!

But when I tracked down this witch, and saw the young woman that I’ve come to love be in such grave danger… I instinctively knew what to do. I’ll admit I wanted to impress her, wow her, sweep her off her feet. The truth is that she’s always had the upper-hand on me, with me being less experienced than her, both in life and as a Puella Magi.

I must make myself seem equal to her. I must act without hesitation, be as bold and surefooted as she is!

And to this end, I must destroy this witch… even while the melancholic music arising from its massive piano touches my heart and soul. It reminds me of what I love about Kyousuke, and so it leaves small tears in my eyes…

But I am done crying. I am done lamenting my loss to Hitomi. Today I march forward a new person, a stronger person.

One vision. One purpose. Peace through power!

I will my sword to grow three times larger, and much wider. It glows with magical might! And with that might, I sear through the explosive musical notes that the witch tries to stop me with. And then, her frantically moving fingers and crying eyes give way to the final note of her destruction. A note accentuated by her gigantic cat screeching in horror.

Once more, a descending sword slash finishes my enemy. Thankfully, this time the result is not gore, but a brilliantly multicolored explosion! I feel the warmth and color of fireworks at my back as my victory is gained!

I’m relieved to see that my victory over the witch occurs alongside Kyouko and Mami’s victory over the witch’s one remaining familiar.

My dear friends have been saved, and Mitakihara Town has been protected once more!

If you chose A for MSA Choice 2, read Section Red Passion with Black Style.
If you chose B for MSA Choice 2, read Section Blue Knight with Golden Love.

Spoiler for Red Passion with Black Style:

Spoiler for Blue Knight with Golden Love:

In the wake of the Walpurgis Night incident, I saw many new relationships grow and develop.

Hitomi and Kamijou grew ever-closer together. He seemed completely infatuated with her. Of course, there is a disturbing truth behind that… Nonetheless, they seemed happy together, and I do think that Hitomi sincerely loves him, so in time I was willing to be mildly supportive of their relationship. It certainly helped that Sayaka appeared to be in a happy romance of her own!

I’m glad that I gave Sayaka the advice that I did, because it seems to have paid off for her and her girlfriend.

Thankfully, Hitomi and Sayaka both still make some time for the friendship between the three of us. Although we don’t spend as much time together as we used to, it’s certainly a great weight off of my heart for the three of us to be friends again in spite of the harsh battle that Hitomi and Sayaka had become caught up in.

Still, I do feel a bit left out at times. Part of me does feel some regret. As I think things over in my mind, I could have easily been in a nice romance myself. I had temporarily been very close to Mami-san. And knowing what I know now about Sayaka, I can’t help but look back on her “joking” declaration of wanting me to be her wife, and wonder what opportunity I might have missed there.

For now, while I have many friends, I am romantically alone. All of those erotic yet disturbing dreams I had before this Puella Magi whirlwind took over my life… all of them seemed like strange and distant memories. Were those dreams ever really premonitions? Am I truly attracted to girls?

These questions rest uneasily in my mind, as I can’t help but dwell on all the romantic opportunities that I allowed to slip by…

Nonetheless, my friends are all healthy and well, in spite of many dangerous struggles, even amongst themselves! I should take comfort in that alone, and continue to be supportive of my friends and the romances that they may find themselves in.

Every now and then I see sad regret in Homura’s eyes as she looks at me. I wonder what this might signify. Homura has steadily grown more and more distant from the rest of us, including me, since the Walpurgis Night incident. I hope she’s not too lonely in her life…

But I definitely won’t allow myself to fall into the trap of loneliness. I must move forward without regret. It’s with such thoughts moving me on that I made a final rejection to Kyubey’s attempts to persuade me to become a Puella Magi. After all, there’s now more than enough magical girls to protect Mitakihara Town!

Much like what Homura said to me the first day that I met her, I should just live the life of a normal girl, and be content with that. I just hope that one day I might find somebody that I can love romantically too…

In any event, Sayaka, Mami, and Kyouko now make me think of a modern version of the Three Musketeers! They certainly work well together.

The End (Mami Lives, MIA, Primary Colors End)

---------------------------------------------------

And thus concludes the Madoka Is Alone chains of Mami Lives. All that is left now of the Mami Lives side is the Mami Romance itself. That's what I'll be getting back to next... but given my greatly reduced update pace, it'll probably be awhile before I get to it. Maybe it'll be wrote just in time to be a Christmas gift for Kirito.

Anyway, any and all feedback on the conclusion of MIA is welcomed!

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-11-11 at 22:40.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote