View Single Post
Old 2007-02-28, 11:36   Link #62
klinton

Send a message via Yahoo to klinton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question View Post
Actually i read that he was her master, but not necessarilly medium, maybe he just wound them up but didnt make the contract. He doesnt seem to have the ring(although it could be argued that this was simply not shown), and i cant see an old man having the strain of supplying a doll with power...even tomoe/jun had problems with it at the start. Also Souisei Seki seems really weak in the anime...she doesnt seem as strong as the dolls who had mediums.
I think you're just mincing words here, and looking to see something. It's quite clear that he is indeed her medium, and a point is made that Suiseseki wouldn't hand over her ring to him as her sister did (she clearly states that her sister is bound by the contract to him). If it's any consolation, the same word is used for Jun's relationship with Shinku to describe her master in the french translation.

As to the anime, I never thought anything contrary to the fact that the old man was her medium. Perhaps it's not expressly stated (I really don't recall, it's been awhile since I've watched it)...but I think the implications are clear enough.

Last edited by klinton; 2007-02-28 at 11:51.