View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 19:41   Link #31460
GuestSpeaker

Quote:
Episode 6: duel of lovers. Battler loses first. George wins. If we accept that the duel is "the heart" of yasu, wouldn't that mean Yasu truly loves george? Even more than battler? Doesn't that mean if we thin yasu to be culprit, he always kills the man he truly loves?

Taken from a later interview, meta Yasu at least (and possibly real Yasu if you subscribe to Yasu = Ikuko) loved all three of them enough to want to keep the lid on the catbox by killing off Beato so all romances could survive (maybe that is where Ikuko came from. Don't forget, according to Ryu Battler is apparently found by Ikuko years later. Suicide attempt I wonder?). In Ryu's mind, she loved eached of them too much to even consider letting one of the romances go, to the point she would kill herself. He must really have laughed when people kept asking him if the romances were real (or been sad no-one got it).

As for the first meeting, on my first re-read of ep 1 after getting Shkannontrice, I read that scene as Kanon saying "even I (have some feelings for Battler....)" due to Battler's white knight carrying of fertiliser. I mean, sure, Yasu says she transferred the seed of love from Shannon to Beato, but she clearly wasn't as in control of love as she liked (It seems to me she assumed this had turned off all ability to love for the other two, at least from what i read in ep 2). Maybe she also isn't completely good at keeping her feelings confined to one personality. Leading a double life isn't easy after all...
GuestSpeaker is offline   Reply With Quote