Thread: Anime Elitists?
View Single Post
Old 2003-11-16, 17:06   Link #9
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
"Elitists" suffer from a few common symptoms:
1.) They argue about the sub/dub issue to this day
I hate people who blindly say that subs are "TEH OMG BETTARH!" There are good dubs and there are bad dubs.

Quote:
2.) They tend to drag shows through the dirt if they've been seen by a wide audience
2a.) this does not apply to shows seen before they were on TV, and they will note this.
Well most of the time they do it because they see that really retarded people are watching it. They feel that if people see that they like it they'll feel stereotyped as the same as these blind followers of the show.

Quote:
3.) They make half-ass remarks about fansubs being better than commercial releases solely because fansubs were done by fans, claiming the world about the fansubs being better in every way despite any obvious flaws.
DAMN THEM!

Quote:
4.) They tend to actively discourage people who are interested in Anime if they have started from stuff like Dragonball Z
I agree. Seems rather pointless to do.

Quote:
WHR doesn't exactly belong with DBZ because WHR is aimed at a very different audience, as was Bebop, and several of the Gundam OAVs. Granted the same people might watch them but there are many who will watch DBZ and nothing else.
Well I personally don't think there would be much to cut, although american censors can be rather harsh.