View Single Post
Old 2008-11-15, 03:16   Link #75
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I guess this may be going too far, but I honestly can't help saying that was one of the best anime episodes of its kind I have ever seen. It was just brilliant. Certainly the best maid cafe episode I can recall. Moe self-referential humor at its finest.

I disagree 100% with any criticism of breaking the fourth wall. Not only do I almost always enjoy that, but it is exceptionally appropriate in this show and I thought they did it very well in this episode. I wasn't a fan of the store manager's super power, but that is about the only thing about this ep that I wasn't captivated by.

The animation above all. The way the club president danced around at one point was awesome. And so was Nagi loping after Jin toward the end.

Yamakan is showing himself the absolute master of this style. No wonder this show is now crushing Toradora on 2channel, 69 threads to 50. It was 4-5 threads ahead a week ago.

I guess I would be remiss not to add that the voice acting was out of this world. Tomatsu Haruka continues to blow me away, finding new twists all the time. And Sawashiro Miyuki is also just outstanding. Hayamizu Risa as the club pres was also riveting.

There isn't much depth to this story, except for Tsugumi and Nagi's emotions, perhaps, but the surface is just brilliant.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-11-15 at 09:30.