View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 23:23   Link #75
Caster13
=^_^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Since episode 6/7 unless you are saying that she didnt had any emotions then, and suddenly had a massive character development during a single episode which is hard to believe.
I did a quick re-watch of six: in more than one instance her anger boils over to the point that she becomes violent (mostly involving projectile garbage).

Seven: hits Ami with her bag, panic attack/break down in the swimsuit store and crying about how she looks in her swimsuit later on, descends into nearly incoherent gibbering after Kitamura talks to her; and then there's that little desk-earthquake at the end of the episode.

I didn't mean emotions towards Ryuuji, but rather emotions in general. Taiga's a naturally outspoken, knee-jerk, moody, and violent person. She has a low tolerance for intense emotion and in most cases, it's obvious when she's dealing with more than she can handle internally.

What changes between episodes six, seven, and eight isn't her ability to control her emotions, but what she becomes emotional about, i.e. what she thinks of/how she feels towards Ryuuji.

Her perception of Ryuuji began in the very first episode with their very first interaction: punching him in the face. In terms of actions, their relationship had been progressing almost every episode: eating at his place, eating his lunch boxes, taking him to Johny's; asking Ryuuji for help to get a picture of Kitamura; showing herself in her swimsuit to him.

The thing about feelings is that they're not always apparent or obvious. As the saying goes, one doesn't realize what one has until it's taken from them: from episodes six to eight, Taiga (thinks she) sees Ryuuji becoming closer to Ami (Ami coming onto him, Ami inviting him to her villa, Ryuuji saying he would go to her villa) and considering the kind of person Taiga is, she's like to presume that also means he's moving farther away from her. That, if anything, is when she realizes that Ryuuji's always there for her.

Spoiler for Hidden because of long-windedness and--oops Somebody already said the same thing:

Addendum: I've been re-watching a few different episodes while writing up all of the above. Guess who I am: "Duru-duru-duru-duru-duru-duru-duru-duru-duru--hmph-jum!"