View Single Post
Old 2009-12-10, 21:33   Link #84
lmd_84

I'm not sure we'll get much in the way of their backgrounds. Perhaps a couple of flashbacks as the others have gotten, but not much. Kid also needs something more, though I suspect whatever his background contains might turn out to be a big deal (specifically, his origins and what the Sanzu Lines mean).

I think the fact Kid and the Thompsons are currently separated might (okay, should as it isn't already) be used for something. We've seen that Liz and Patti could be an effective team on their own, although Okubo's yet to actually use this for anything. With few exceptions, Kid seems to fight only with Liz and Patti and its only recently that we're seeing any practical reminders of the fact he isn't human.

He also handles his obsessions mostly because he has the sisters around, and we don't know how he'd react without them. His reaction to imprisonment so far seems to be based on the belief that, really, these people who talk about chaos and 'loosening up' are just foolish and not worth bothering about.

I'd like to see Kid actually get challenged and see how he copes without Liz and Patti to back him up. However, he got into this situation because he was over-reacting and not thinking, so I don't have my hopes up for a positive outcome should he actually get into difficulties. (Yes, he's chained up. But that's it. Noah is a joke.)