View Single Post
Old 2010-08-03, 12:01   Link #4517
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeTHREE View Post
Are different game boards different worlds, as in Higurashi? If yes, what happens to a world after Beatrice's game is over? Where does SHE go, rather. She is supposed to have a home-world, right? I'll be assuming that it's the first world where Episode 1 took place. After Kinzo attached her soul to the homunculus and she died, her soul was released onto Rokkenjima for a few decades, until she performed her ceremony to be resurrected. But since she started that game with Battler and they started shifting through game boards/worlds, things are getting twisted...
There's no clear answer to that. It's really up to personal view at this point. However I guess a few theories...

It could be Kakeras such as Higurashi. However that seems very unlikely so far, simply because bottles containing the letters explaining various arcs seems to exists in every arc's future.

The I believe most accepted version for now, is that each arc is only a tale. Remember to the external world the arcs exists as message bottles. It has no "true" value, however since no one knows what really happened on Rokkenjima, and all these tales were "possible ways" for it to have happened, there's no way to discard them. This comes in two variation in a way. One is that the "present" is the future that follows Rokkenjima, and the other is that the events of "real Rokkenjima" are either occurring in the present or haven't occurred yet.

As for the meta-world I don't think anyone can fully answer that yet. Personally I see it as a representation of basic concepts, sorta as the very incarnation of the reader vs writer battle.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote