View Single Post
Old 2013-01-28, 20:26   Link #5
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Yo!~, it's great to see you back with another great update, Kogetsu. Like Triple R finally returning to do the Mami romance scenarios again, it's great to see something new from you in half a year since your last write up. Like I promised I'm set and ready to get you my fully review. I got ClariS playing on my Itunes and I'm ready to go.

Ahem:

Right where we left. The ominous voice and the turning point that'll end the "normal" life aspect of Hasuka's.. So now we're psychically introduced to the Magical Girl animal mascot character Kanemi, a cat like creature with long ears... hmmm, nah. Anyway, I really liked the way you went about the scene where Hasuka was given the choice to accept the power that's in front of her or turn back and pretend nothing had happened. The dialogue and the way it was written was truly astounding, and added the right tone and impact to make it more enjoyable to read and know about. The short pedestal and the short floating pendant sort of reminded me of Legend of Zelda and the Master Sword, weird huh.

The way you described the dress was well written and it gives you a sense of how it looks and how it suits Hasuka in terms of appearance and its functionality. The staff thing is sort of expected since it's a staple weapon for Magical Girls ie. Cardcaptors Sakura. Great work for being creative with something so simplistic and expected, and it'd feel weird for Hasuka's character to wield a gun or a sword.

The appearance of Lightning Bug or "Raito" as Hasuka puts it sort of reminded me about how Homura was trying to eliminate a said creature with long ears and white skin etc. The description of the clothing regarding the headband, the yellow trimmed dress, black and yellow cape sort of forced me to think of Mami, Sayaka, Homura, Kyoko, and Madoka's dresses being mixed in with the design, but with a unique on it. Well detailed on that part so that's good, plus the way she looks and sounds really interesting since it seems that her logic for hunting down Kanemi seems to be out of revenge and a warning similar to you know what with time manipulation abilities.

Judging by the choice and the situation that presented itself:

Spoiler for Lightning Strikes in the Same Place.:

Now to the fight scene.

Ahem:

Hasuka first fight as a Magical Girl was interesting to read and quite enjoyable too, I might add. It seems that despite the troubles she had during it, it seems that she has incredible power to blow back or hurt someone who's more experienced at combat than her. At least the way the fight scene for a first timer was described really well so great job on that.

So now to the choices regarding Kanemi.
Spoiler for The Novella Mascot:

So we're the point where the secret couldn't be kept from Hasuka's two other friends. I wonder if you possibly did that intentional with the thought of adding them as potential allies or just for moral support. Or just remain awkwardly oblivious to Hasuka's situation. It was really amusing seeing Hasuka trying to get Hiyori to recognize her and getting out of Mahou Shoujo mode, and also not being able to see through Kanemi's disguise.

Nice surprise to finally to feature Hasuka's family - A father and older sister it seems. I totally loved the interactions with the family regarding Hasuka bringing home Kanemi, and the choices given.

Spoiler for Novella family:

With meeting Kanemi, entering a new world, getting into a fight, and not knowing what's going to happen next, Hasuka is definitely at the point of no return and can't turn back even if she has second thoughts about it. We're finally at another turning and I can't wait to see where this will go.

Grade:

Spoiler for Pros:

Spoiler for Cons:

No Ame, huh. That sucks but you better make it up to me next update. I look forward to see what role she'll have in the story than just being a simple ordinary girl. Plus, I want to know more about that transfer student who "tested" Hasuka during the volley ball match.

Well that's all for now. I enjoyed this update and take your time with the next one, which I definitely look forward too. Like Triple R with PPPL, you now have a loyal reviewer and fan. Like Triple R, I enjoy your work and I wish to see more soon. So remember to take your time, I'll be waiting patiently with anticipation of the next update! You rock dude, seriously!

I'm going to put my fingers to rest now. So until then dude, until then!