View Single Post
Old 2013-03-08, 01:55   Link #47
4Tran

Thinking on it, there is one decent thing that came out of episode 20. There seems to be a consensus now that Akane is the main protagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
The wavering btw is because the Sibyl has a point she cannot deny. This is not a black and white issue, else the decision making here would be fairly easy for her.
It's too early for her to decide. Akane will reject the Sibyl System in either the last or second last episode.

Quote:
Does she really understand? She only said she has an idea of why he does the things he does. That's not understanding. Sibyl already knows what Makishima preaches, but precisely because they can't think exactly like him is why they want him.
If the Sybil System understood that Makishima actually meant what he preached, they would have never given him an option to join. The collective doesn't get him or Akane at all.

Quote:
And Makishima is a perspective on the Sibyl System and its flaws. So he's quite relevant.
Makishima only touches on one aspect of the Sybil System. His importance is mostly to act as a catalyst, and maybe as the key to the finale. The rest is due to its own actions and its inherent makeup.

Quote:
So what is it you believe she's going to do exactly? You seem pretty certain so enlighten me.

Is she going to reform the system, destroy it, or help the system?
REJECT. The visual imagery indicates that the production team wants the viewers to hate the Sibyl System. One does not accept a murderous ghoul controlled by psychopaths.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking at OP2 again, there's a shot where Akane and Kougami have their weapons pointed at Makishima. But what if Akane isn't aiming at him, but rather at Kougami behind him? She's holding a Dominator so it wouldn't work against Makishima, but it'll be fine against Kougami. I can see this happening if she wants Makishima's plan to succeed.

(And of course, the Dominator would be set to lethal mode for extra pathos.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
By now, the second OP has really grown on me. The lyrics are appropriate and the animation is also very nice. I like the new puzzle effect they've had for the past few eps.
After they finished up the artwork, the second OP is the best part of the show.