View Single Post
Old 2008-10-18, 10:21   Link #6
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Eh...this was hard for me to really get into this compared to the other episodes.

As I've said before, I haven't read the novels or manga, so I've come into the series blind. But it feels like the anime transition is kicking in and there's already some unlikeable stuff floating around.

Taiga hit and yelled at Ryuji so much in this episode. Does she really have to get that angry when he watches Minori act like herself? She makes such a big deal in Episode 2 about this, but it feels like all that happened in that was dropped for this episode. It's like, if he isn't doing something, then she will force him to.

And while we did get a proper amount of Minori in this episode, it feels like a bad move because we now know (even more) how Minori and Ryuji's relationship will end up. She's hyper and kind, but rather thick. So the chance of her changing or seeing much doesn't look too promising. However, due to Ryuji's perserverance and Taiga's deredere side, it still has plenty of moments where it can surprise you.

I gave it a 5/10. I never really got into the Kugimiya/Tsundere series because they were already out but it just feels like the ignored potential here is hard to handle.