View Single Post
Old 2011-09-02, 06:30   Link #947
Balzac
Assistant Professor

I do believe at some level that sales don't matter to the overall impression of a game (or book, or whatever media). At least, that's what I think. It wasn't bad, and if sales proved that many Japanese (the intended audience) didn't like it, then that's that. Niche is niche.

How the sales factor into their next project is not something I would speculate hard about. If they try a different direction again, or return to their roots, well, I'll be there to try it out. Personally, Rewrite is so last season already for me... Although Journey from the soundtrack (finally is in my office desktop's shuffle list, and so for me the game actually made a significant enough impact to treasure. (I won't think about the fact that it was a Maeda composition I finally picked out)

On another note, Klash, I just noticed your avatar is now of that maid girl from Noble Works, I hate to say it, but she was the worst, in my opinion, of the five (or six, but obligatory extra H scene don't count)in terms of novelty of story. Wouldn't Akari have been better?