Thread: Tower of God
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-18, 08:35   Link #52
upiro

Quote:
Albeit, the author already anticipated all of this. In his blog he wrote something along the lines of how he pretty much gave up on ratings with this development, but he decided anyway to write the story the way he originally planned it (which means...well I don't know either).
Quote:
Just FYI, what he said in the blog was that he seriously considered changing the story because of how popular it's gotten, but chose to go with his original plan anyway or he'll never forgive himself.
That’s good!! I’m glad to hear that! What attracted me to this comic is the interesting and original storyline that the author’s set up so far. If he changes it just to pander to his fans or maintain its popularity, I suspect that it will soon lose its appeal (to me at least). I have no idea where it’s going from here but I liked what happened in this chapter. Based on others’ reactions, I seem to be in the minority …

Also, I don’t get the Lahel – oops, I mean Rachel – hatred. Betrayal is never cool but the author’s given enough hints that there are mysteries surrounding her still waiting to be uncovered. The fact that she apologized several times, her seemingly genuine desire to protect Baam in previous chapters, her unknown motivations to reach the top and see the sky. All of this makes me hopeful that she’s not a typical villain but we’ll have to wait and see.

I’m pretty sure we’ll see Baam again. Just like everyone else, I like him too. But, I’d be more than happy to follow Rachel and company as they climb up the Tower if that’s the route the author decides to take. The fact that the story continues to follows its own path and keeps me guessing is one reason why I like it …
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote