Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 14:33   Link #408
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Taichi said he had never thought of Iori "that way." Yui said she didn't fear Taichi because he was Taichi (and therefore not threatening or exciting, I inferred).

So I think Taichi and Inaba may well end up together. They are kind of similar, serious about helping other people, and willing to go against their own desires (Inaba pushing him toward Iori when she semi-unconsciously likes him herself).

Aoki seems like a nonentity, but at least he is serious toward Yui, and trying to do the right thing. He's not anywhere near as bad as many silly sidekick characters. Maybe she will warm to him once she gets a chance to kick him in the nuts, lol.

I like all the female characters. Inaba of course. Yui for this episode. But Iori is pretty fascinating, too. Her sudden switch to smiling agreement when her mother told her (she was getting remarried?) was chilling and sad. She holds herself under strict control, to avoid heartache. There was something both charmingly humorous and also a bit ominous about her talking about charging for a peek.

I loved the highly dangerous cliffhanger at the end. I'm guessing Inaba has lost her consciousness without getting anyone else's in return.

Humour. Yes, it's there. But it is not the kind of humour you laugh at, more the kind that gives you a painful and ironic smile. Kicking in the nuts: painful. Filmed confessions: awkward. Not happy humour, but still humour of a kind. Not as hilarious as Ebiten...but let's not go there, lol. Senses of humour differ. In any case, I find this a show where any humour there may be is just there to help keep us from crying.

I had hopes for this show before the season started, and it is fulfilling them.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-07-22 at 15:43.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote