Thread: Avatar
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-31, 07:46   Link #116
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
I agree with this. I did not adore this movie like so many others did. I thought it was a good movie, but with a hyped movie there is always more criticism then there really needs to be. I'm sure there are flaws in the movie, but so many people seem so happy to jump on the bandwagon and hate on it just because it's so popular.
Simplistic plot, simplistic characters and average actings can't all be masked by stellar CG and breath taking visuals. The characters were flat and boring, it was hard to connect to them because their development was so unrealistic. Like princess girl going from I'm betrayed to I wanna hump your bones to dust in a matter of one event is still ridiculous. The portrayal of the natives with an unblemished past or a very simplistic one really made the contrast between the natives and pmc pretty boring.
Spoiler for pretty damn spoilerish:
If cameron had axed one element, that being the cheesy love story, this movie could have been leaps and bounds better.

@Ending, actually this is the one movie I'd definitely go see in a theatre/imax, because that's the whole point, because the movie really doesn't have a engrossing story there really isn't a rewatchability.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote