View Single Post
Old 2012-10-26, 20:33   Link #288
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Magi, because of their power, are by definition stronger than magicians.
No, the difference between a magi and a human is that magi are able to use the Rukh around them besides their own magoi. Basically that means they have more raw power than humans. But raw power alone doesn't make them necessarily stronger than any magician. A human magician would still be able to overpower a magi if he had superiority on skills. And it goes without saying a magician like Moganett is vastly superior than Aladdin on skill level.

Quote:
Yamu could have defeated him at the beginning because she could counter power with technique, but if she didn't finish him fast enough he'd beat her. And now he can cast those advanced magics with that same level of power he used previously, and he won't run out of power no matter how long he fights.
But Yamu isn't at the same level than the most powerful magicians in Magnoshutatt. It's quite clear she left the city when she was still pretty young. Heck, she is still pretty young.

Quote:
About Ugo, he was supplying him energy, which is why he'd get tired after a while. But then Ugo used his own magic, and Aladdin couldn't replenish that. Or at least that's how I interpreted it.
Perhaps. I'd have to read those chapters again sometime. My point stands though.