View Single Post
Old 2012-12-31, 15:03   Link #231
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Technically, he didn't use the system to help him defeat Kayaba; in the first duel, Kayaba had to use the system to defeat Kirito, because Kirito would have exposed him.

As for their last duel, Kirito managed to glitch and exceed the system to stay alive long enough to deal a killing blow to Kayaba, who had already turned off his Invincibility. Throughout the rest of the light novels, there are strong hints that the Cardinal System and The Seed aren't set in stone, and that it's possible for players to exceed the system. Note Asuna managing her diving save despite being under the paralysis effect, or being able to run at 60km/h to save Kirito - a speed which the LNs note exceeds the game parameters. Kayaba himself is surprised that it's happening... but being a gamer, he rolls with it.

All the system helped him was delay his death long enough for him to land a killing blow on Heathcliff. That killing blow was all him.

That said, an interpretation of your perspective might be that as you suck at MMOs and RPGs, you are therefore unable to comprehend of a situation where high-level, expert players exist, as you have no experience of being such a player. Am I wrong?
Thus, Accel World's Incarnate System. Pretty much makes sense if one just reads the LNs and watch the anime, huh?

I was referring to Suguou when I said "he used the system to beat the GM". But now I know that it is possible for a player to beat a GM WITHOUT HELP FROM THE SYSTEM if the GM just turned off his Invincibility flag.

Nope, I haven't experienced high-level play. I'm too broke for it. No use playing my toon for several hours a day if I can't fund it consistently. Plus I get bored from the grinding too easily (my longest grind lasted for 12 hours, yet I'm still nowhere near the level cap HML), but I have nothing else to do but grinding because I suck at PR. Bad PR = few people on the friends list = crap tier guild.

It has also become my belief that to be a top-tier MMO player you need to BLEED cash.

And btw, we don't play Mass Effect around here in our country. Defense of the Ancients and other similar games are the most popular around here, but again, I don't play anymore. I can't find a game where I could be at the top without shelling out a single dime.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote