View Single Post
Old 2010-08-12, 11:14   Link #1278
_eternal
anthem core

Send a message via AIM to _eternal
Isn't the Amagami vs KimiKiss adaptation argument kind of apples-to-oranges? I loved Kimikiss, but as far as I know, it's more of an original story than an adaptation; they added some characters, took others out, and basically turned it into a drama. And that's great, but I don't think that's how the game played out, assuming that the manga is a straight adaptation of the game.

From what I can see, Amagami is basically an animated version of the entire game, and I like that perspective too, but I think it's quite different from KimiKiss which tried to form its own story that works as an anime. Judging from the beginning of both shows, I like them for very different reasons.

Quote:
The parallel universe or omnibus solution seems to be a winning idea for domestic fans because it most closely follows the game experience of going down one route at a time.
Also, I think this is especially true because Japanese fans have already played the game and want to see their favourite scenes animated; on the other hand, assuming that most English-speaking fans didn't play KimiKiss, we have nothing to lose from watching an adaptation that differs significantly from the original.