View Single Post
Old 2013-06-22, 21:35   Link #2400
Lyocol
Banned

One Piece. While "hate" is not an accurate word but I really disliked it. It just too repetitive even as a shounen. I admit I actually liked it but after the Arlong Arc, everything went downhill fast which actually a drop-off for me. The Alabasta arc is just Arlong Arc with longer plot and slower pace. I also hate Drum Arc for introducing most annoying character of all time, Tony Tony Chopper.

The reason I really liked Arlong Arc is Nami in the spotlight than any other characters beside Luffy. I believe she's the anti-hero character in the show but right after that arc, just another walking sex appeal of the show with her breasts getting bigger and bigger. Yes she did got more important roles in later arcs but Arlong Arc is the only time where we got to see her human side.

More importantly people start watching One Piece when Naruto hits its dark age(filler arcs before Shippuden) and this comment is from someone who read(not watch) One Piece long before if hits the English-speaking anime communities.