View Single Post
Old 2009-05-28, 15:09   Link #218
Uncreativex

The point with Kenpachi is that he has always been holding back, atleast for most of his battles. An eyepatch limiting his spirit energy and depth sight, bells in his hair, a sword that has loads of giant chips and he uses lousy, wild technique with one hand, all to prolong his battles. Since exhaustion has never been a real issue in Bleach, what do you think is best, someone going at full power from the start or someone just getting serious at the end?

As anyone with experience can tell you, technique means alot, and using two hands gives far more power than one hand.

Besides, by resolving to (try) to get to know his zanpakutou after having a stalemate with Ichigo, Kenpachi's power-up is somewhat explained. And I can predict more; if Kenpachi gets even more close to his blade he'll learn some fucking awesome bankai, and pretty much all Captains could get some Hollowification by Vaizards/Urahara out of necessity. Say they have such issues with Espada, they might see it inevitable to become Hollow-Shinigami to protect Sereitei. EDIT: From future vasto lordes.

What I hate about Bleach is the unexplained and illogical power-ups. It's all cool if he does some training or discovers some new power (like Bankai), but the "get surrounded by blue fire for some reason mid battle and pwn" type is getting tiring, and Kubo should kill off a few characters. He doesn't need to go overboard like the author og "Claymore" where 65% of the characters die suddenly, but for example if Hinamori truly died it would give some depth to the story and more character to Hitsugaya. Can't say I'm loving the "everyone can suddenly fly" thing either.
Uncreativex is offline   Reply With Quote