View Single Post
Old 2011-01-05, 04:42   Link #231
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

just finished ep.8

the first thing I want to say is:
Good luck translating this, witch hunt! You guys seriously need it! B-)

personal review:

so, we get to have some detective works with Bern's game and I spent one whole day to solve it. The story in Bern's game was stated as mere wild speculation from the internet discussion from 1998 after they get bored with the Eva-culprit theory. Still, I felt kinda trolled because I expected to find the true culprit here.

R07 completely sealed the truth with this game and only focused on the wrappings of the story. I say I am disappointed because the truth of the two days are still not clear.

But! I get to see epic scenes! All character were going all-out!
Musou Rosa~! So fast that you see yourself dead multiple times before you know it!
Krauss Brofist~! The fist that will send you to the moon!
RoundGeorge Kick~! pun intended!
Hormone Fist Jessica~!
Dream Team Will+Dlanor~!
And....

LambdaDelta! If I ever participate in the fave chara vote, I will certainly make sure you get to at least big 5 just as you wished! I accidentally became your fan now! Love youuuuu~!

Edit: whhoooops, I can't believe I missed this. I was a serious Erika bitch-hater, but after this, I think she's Okay! -_-b

And the last kiss with Beato and Battler was seriously itchy I imagined an H-scene in that spot lol. oh, and don't get me going on where my mind went with Bern and Lamda's conversation when they battle it out

Above all, I think I get what this story tried to convey. It helped a bit if one sees umineko not as a whole, but in part. Like, ep.1-4 as the blue mystery part, then ep 5-7 was the red fantasy part, and ep.8 is the golden truth part, and that ultimately, what's important is what you believe. sure, it made it half-assed in every genre and sounds much like political or occult BS, but even Will said:
"Ultimately even mystery is entertainment. It's up to the reader to enjoy them or not."

So I re-evaluated my understandings of this story and decided that I am enjoying it. One might even say that this could be R07's bitchslap.

"This is entertainment. If you can't accept it, then don't go and shove that disappointment to others. Suck it up."

something like that? though that's just me.

/personal review end.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2011-01-05 at 04:52.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote