View Single Post
Old 2011-11-19, 22:23   Link #2471
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
So he might have had access to the Cradle for several years without the Brains finding out...

Or he might have found those stealth-drones from something else, and there happened to be more in the Cradle. Which makes sense -- you can find the same jets stationed on more than one naval aircraft carrier.

Did we ever learn why they attacked Vita and Nanoha; or rather, what those two were doing when they got attacked?
The cradle was the factory for the drones, so that rules them out from being mid. The only other civilization you could tag them would be Al Hazardian, though I find them to be woefully underwhelming to have been from the civilization that made tiny gems that could blow up worlds.

Quote:
Would they still function in AMF conditions, do you think?
I... can't really say. Too little data. We don't know how their magical systems work beyond that they were linked to the reactor of the Garden of Time. Whether they would work in AMF conditions is a cointoss at the moment, but I personally would say no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Weren't Jail's magically powered too? Heck, I never recalled any other kind of power source in the Nanohaverse. Not all the drones were powered by Jewel Seeds, and you can also argue of Jewel Seeds as a magical power source.

And wouldn't the distinction between golems and drones be more on whether they have machinery inside or not instead of what powered them?
Given that they were mobile generators of AMF? Doubtful they were magically powered. Even if it wouldn't shut them down completely it'd still interfere with their systems.

Quote:
Please tell me that those were fake, knock-off Jewel Seeds.

The idea that the much-less-than-the-original-21 world-devastingly-powerful Jewel Seeds recovered from the Precia incident would be used to power much-more-than-21 rank and file disposable drones is insulting.

It would have been a much better use for those damned Relics that ended up being completely unimportant.
Fractions at best. Recall that the jewel seed was embedded in a microchip which itself was many times enhanced.