View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 05:18   Link #140
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Right. And you're assuming that the individuals who would be chosen to become part of the system would be so crass? Or perhaps you look at Makishima as such? If so, perhaps we should first begin by discussing Makishima's character interpretation?

At the very least, it would help us clarify each of our positions on the matter.
As others pointed out earlier, the selection criteria is based on finding criminals who's criminal intent is not detectable by the normal system.

There might well be nice people who are perfect for being Sibyl, but if they haven't committed any crimes then they would never be found.

Let me try to explain my position; you agree that a criminal brain in a box would lack outlets for their criminal behaviour, correct?

But being connected to Sibyl IS an outlet. The very ability to decide government policy and decisions IS the very outlet that allows criminal desires to express themselves. How do you justify your belief that a known criminal wouldn't commit crimes through the only thing he or she has power over?