View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 18:12   Link #93
bonsobon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
Think about how many corrupt WG officials and Marine officers we have seen these past 659 chapters. I think being a marine or WG officer would be the perfect cover for Buggy; he'd be able to do shady things and pin the blame on someone else or take credit for a heroic deed and still look like the good guy. I don't think him being affiliated with WG or Marines is far-fetched, during the Whitebeard Battle there were plenty of WGs and Marines witnessing Buggy's "greatness", assumed he was more powerful than the rumors lead to believe and were impressed with him. Surely all of that recognition during the WB/Marienford Arc would have reached the ears of the Admirals or Sengoku (considering all of them were present at the time).

That's why it'll be so funny to see him as a Marine, because obviously he is not cut out for the strict, regimented, do-gooder lifestyle of the Marines, he will have to get by on luck or by conning (or clowning ) everyone around him.
I highly doubt this is the case. You're forgetting Buggy's crew, especially the former Impel Down prisoners. He won't abandon them just to join the Marines. Don't forget he was also a prisoner himself at one time. The only way for him to become part of the WG is becoming a Shichibukai; there's no other option.