Thread: Licensed Tari Tari
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-30, 11:01   Link #732
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Even though Wakana's attitude towards her mother in the flashbacks irritated me, I still can't help but sympathize with her. It's obvious she loved her mother very much despite the way she treated her, so parting with her forever this way must have made her feel incredibly guilty. Finding out how much her mother loved her through the letter made her feel even more like crap, hence why she's trying to get rid of the things that remind her of her mother. This is not the right solution, though. She's just running away. I hope the rest of the cast can help her realize that. I'd love for Wein to play that role, but I have a feeling it'll probably Konatsu who will snap her out of her depression.

Badminton part was nice. Sawa and Konatsu's dance was pretty cute, but it would have been more enjoyable if they didn't move at superhuman speed (animation fail here). I can't deny something is going on between Sawa and Taichi, but I still think this anime is not romance oriented and that nothing will happen on that front, at least not until the final episode. We'll see. I don't mind either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
And the best thing? Sure there is some somewhat sad music in the background but notice there is no excessive crying, wangsting emo - i.e. None of that Key/Anohana-like melodrama that tries so hard to make you cry. It was pretty reserved, contained and subtle to an extent. Actually reminded me of A Certain Infamous Writer during the good ol' days, but look at her now! Guess PA doesn't need her anymore .
I remember Haak saying part of him wanted this anime to be bad so that people would realize she is necessary... so far, it's exactly the opposite that's happening and it's making me very happy
I don't want to imagine how this would have been if she had written it.