View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 12:18   Link #159
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
But what you are REALLY saying, is that 250 people or so are able to do whatever they want because they are gods. Because they are not accountable. Because they are obeyed.
I may be the devil's advocate here, but i saw that being said or implied only from people replying to Qilin.

what those brains believe to be should have no importance, than instead the results they operate
it's being a trend here judging the results from their maker's personal reasoning, instead of judjing the results alone
if the results are bad, they're bad regardless if the ones behind it are ebil crazy brains or loving teddy bears with the best intentions, same if the results are good, even if having something "good" from something "bad" would be counterintuitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Psychopaths are not objective. They are extremely self centered and biased! They're thinking "me! me! me!" all the time. They're arrogant.
are you sure you're not mixing up being a psychopath with being selfish and selfcentered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
As others have pointed out, Masaoka's crime co-efficient went up until he accepted the Sybil system. Yayoi's went up after she started listening to music that the Sybil system disapproved of. Kougami's started to go up after he became fixated on solving the murder of someone one of the Sybil brains had killed. It's hard to believe, after hearing Touma talk, that the Sybil brains are objective and acting in people's best interests rather than in the interests of preserving the system that gives the brains their "I'm a god!" kicks. Not least that psychopaths really don't give a damn about other people. Why should they be able to make better decisions than, say, Kougami or Tsunemori?
this is an important part which needed to get addressed, which is in the list of the sibyl's flaws

since we're quite agreeing the reactions on masaoka, yayoi, kougami, and many others being imprisoned from being "latent" criminals was a self-preservation mechanism of the system, what is left is deciding if self-preservation is always a bad thing
many seems to agree it is always bad
personally i don't agree much with that, since any human and also living being(except some rare exceptions) have self-preservation mechanisms, and that doesn't make all humans and living beings being bad cause they preserve themselfes, so for me it's more of a neutral trait than good/bad

it should be more about how the reaction is done, if its entity is measured on the treat, and what is the range of reaction from treats
from that point of view, the sibyl is a bit paranoid in its reactions
many of the latent criminals imprisoned like yayoi, and the artist they visited during the school sculpture episodes, didn't look so treating to justify a
detention :/

anyway, since this is more of a discussion about the sibyl sistem than the episode itself, wouldn't it be better to more this to the sibyl discussion thread? .-.

Last edited by zeando; 2013-02-17 at 12:52.