Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-18, 22:37   Link #7425
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achiuakuna View Post
I used to think carrying means doing something so that the team has a significantly easier time at winning. I guess I was wrong. It means that you kill every single enemy tank yourself.
A lot of the time, whenever in a platoon or not, a match often depends on whether or not me or my platoonmates survive through the opening phases of a match. As Kimi's invite from Burdy observed correctly, whenever we get a predicted advantage, it's only because our individual winrates were stacking the percentages (and this guy had a T49 with an 80% win percentage) in our favor. If one of us gets taken out early, the chances to win with a pub team crash drastically.

So, indirectly, we HAVE to perform well, or else the team collapses like a house of cards. This caused me to quip, "this girl's shoulders are too narrow to carry a lot of bad players!"

So yeah, don't get into a rush to put your neck out for a bad pub, unless you're sure that the loss in HP is worth it. Better to be patient, and look out for that turning point to take advantage of.

Or better yet, just stop playing for a while if you're in a bad streak.

P.S. Hey, according to predictions, we should be getting 8.6 on the main servers either later this week, or early next week. It should be... interesting, especially in tier 5 games, where tier 7 artillery can now be encountered.