View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 20:14   Link #5035
Gore17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokolores View Post
I think it's standard fare for fantasy that when people are especially long lived because of some magical reason that women often remain young seemingly frozen in their twenties while men stop in their sixties.

One might think that there is some inherently sexist bias somewhere that men are allowed to age while once a woman loses her sex appeal she no longer has much of a role in the story other than as an old crone. Ridiculous, I know. I'm just throwing it out there for the lulz.

It must be coincidence.
It's also mentioned that females are more likely to develop spiritual powers, which allows them to become miko and witches. There's also that whole thing with the mother earth goddesses, with that whole "life and death" thing.

It may also be a reference to the fact that females live longer then men, which again ties back into that whole life thing.

It's also mentioned in the first novel that the Grand Masters were "old", and Godou viewed them as "venerable", along with "they aged very slowly". Considering they were both female, it implies that they do age over time, just much more slowly then normal. And if the extended lifespan they've shown is proportional to their extended youth, that would mean that female mages, witches and mikos live longer then males.

So I would say it's the opposite, and men are the ones who are having a injustice upon them.
Gore17 is offline   Reply With Quote