View Single Post
Old 2007-03-17, 07:37   Link #424
SemperMalum

The ending was stupid. The entire anime was well done, until the very end. The scene where Mari, the stupid... I'd probably be banned for the entire rant I'd be tempted to give but I'll refrain..., interrupts was predictable and yet extremely stupid. Maybe I'm just bitter because I'd have preferred a happy ending. Hell, after watching that piece of crap ending, I'd have been happier if they'd lost funding and were cancelled before it aired, which left the entire thing entirely up to your imagination.

Bittersweet endings are memorable, yes, but not in the 'positive way' that these stupid writers, and producers think. It's not even funny anymore on how these things end. It's almost like somebody did it first, and these people thought "Oh, hey! They made everything back to normal, with only the memories of what happened to accompany the hero... LET'S DO IT!" or even a "Hey! Let's make an anime, where we make the most annoying character the ultimate choice for the main hero!"

Spoilers!
Example: Fate/Stay Night's anime ending. Saber goes away, Shirou is left there to contemplate spending the rest of his life alone. This anime... Hikari goes away. Takeru is left there to contemplate spending the rest of his life alone. SHUFFLE! anime's ending. Main character gets with Asa-sempai... Only to find out that she doesn't entirely care if everybody else hits on him and manages to draw him away, therefore basically ending up in the same damn spot they began in. Da Capo's anime ending. Little sister character, that's in almost EVERY SINGLE ANIME, ends up with main hero, even though the best character, Kotori (I only remember her name because I hated everybody else), was the more viable choice considering. ToHeart. Nothing happened. Characters were introduced, he went straight back into step one, only with choices to make that he won't make, 'nd 'll leave it up to you to buy the hentai game to choose the one you want.
End of Spoilers!

It's just... so... stupid. Gah, I can't stop myself. The entire time Mari was ever on the screen, I wanted to punch her in the ovaries, and then snap her neck, repeatedly.

Damn you Anime companies who think you're being unique by making endings completely different then how they should end.
SemperMalum is offline   Reply With Quote