View Single Post
Old 2010-07-06, 05:27   Link #531
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Spoilers are already enough of a courtesy for the reader. I'm not going to miss out on discussing this just because a curious cat couldn't keep his prying eyes from wandering astray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
That's a shame, seems like you missed out on the most emotional moments in this series. And that's the problem with shipping for the most part, I'm guilty of it myself but I've only done it in series that never have a clear "winner" so-to-speak. Shipping can interfere with one's enjoyment of any series especially when the girl chosen isn't yours. Naturally, those that were rooting for Nagisa throughout the first season were highly effected by After Story considering the direction of the plot.

Episode 18 in season 1 is a pretty emotional episode but pale's in comparison to After Story's episode 18 in my opinion (which is more of Slice of Life elements without the comedy, seems like it isn't your preferred genre.)
You might find this a bit of a shocker, but I wasn't shipping Tomoyo at the time of the viewing. Her character didn't quite stand out to me until I read the VN, which I had no knowledge of by the time I had completed the series. I still didn't like Nagisa, but I had come to terms with the fact that she and Tomoya were the canon couple and went into After Story looking forward to their development. Needless to say, my reasons are a little different than shipping:

Spoiler:

I guess some of the emotional moments were a little softer on my end because of my dislike for Nagisa, but I don't think I really missed out on anything. I still enjoyed After Story a lot, but were it not for Ushio, I think S1 would be the clear winner.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote