View Single Post
Old 2010-07-13, 09:01   Link #808
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
I need some help.

I've never used Photoshop in my life before ( except today ), or created an animated GIF for that matter.. I only have the most basic knowledge that I got from reading the tutorials around AnimeSuki.

Setting aside the times in frames and such, could anyone see if they can reduce This GIF into 50kb or less, and then tell me how they did it ? I do realise there are 39 frames which is ALOT, but since all frames are different, I have no idea what frames I could remove - if any.

I used the auto-optimization tool in Photoshop but the quality came out really awful ..

There was also some guide for reducing file size where you deleted some of the backround or something.. but I dont know if it would work here, and if it would .. how ? The guide presumed I had previous knowledge of Photoshop so I had no idea what to do.

Oh and, any tips as how to use the tween effectively ? It just doesn't seem right to me what I did there with that gif.
---

Is there an alternative program for VirtualDub ? For now I'm using ffdshow but it's quite troublesome to use .. VirtualDub would have been nice if it had actually worked. The normal version doesn't even support .mkv files, and when I got some mod for it that let me load .mkv .. Well, when I chose time frame, it didn't tell me how many frames were in that time frame, neither it did let me save those frames as pictures onto my computer ..