View Single Post
Old 2011-07-13, 03:20   Link #204
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Just curious, but does the cost of buying a TV slot to broadcast factor significantly into the budget or is it minor? Or is it one of those things where production committee members have a parent company or a stake in certain broadcasters and are just funneling--- I would assume that otherwise they are competing with bids from infomercial firms for those time slots?

I'm wondering what advantage the TV broadcast at rather inconvenient timeslots might have over a solely net based distribution. Is it about distribution or access to the TV broadcaster's audience? Because I'd assume that in today's information society many otaku have a good idea of what to expect in the anime they are planning to watch without needing to stumble upon them while channel surfing at 2 or 3 in the morning. Rather, what is the advantage to paying for a slot when you can air it via net distro ala youtube partner or whatever the setup is at nico or other video sites?

It seems like a reasonable cost to cut if a cutoff for profitability is some tens of millions of yen range, and especially if a series is only meant to promote something and not to sell.

If this is too off topic, I'll make a separate thread.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote