Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 15:50   Link #422
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
In this one the joke about Leorio's face being the same was omitted (which is one of my favorite scenes) and instead we've had filler sliding scene and creators showing us the search for boars.
The joke about Leorio's face isn't in the manga either, so it wasn't "omitted"--it just wasn't "added." Also:

Yeah, the searching and sliding scenes are in the manga. Killua isn't there, but it's still more faithful than Nippon Animation's version. More on that in my next post.

Quote:
A minute was wasted to see how Gon and others go through the woods to find pigs, lol. And while I'm at it, it's hard to believe they wouldn't see pigs from this high ground (even if we take into account that trees would obstruct the view). But this was acceptable. What was not however was the method of incapacitating the boar. Apples falling from a tree could KO the killer-boar? Are they f*cking serious? If it was so easy that a mere apple could do that this species would be long gone. That's just ridiculous and treating the viewer like an idiot.
The boar wasn't KOed; it just was hurt. Why would the creature be extinct if its offensive and defensive abilities are clearly above average, while its one weakness is a tiny spot behind its greatest weapon?

Quote:
And Menchi evaluating pigs was a fail. They've mixed up two tests into one, a brilliant idea. NOT. They've cut out some great scenes and prevented the viewers from getting to know better some of the characters.
I'm mixed on the effect the scene had, but I'll refute your "getting to know better some of the characters" statement. The only character here that we got to know better in the original manga was Hanzo and there's still time for that.

Quote:
They also didn't show that Menchi deserves the title of a Hunter and that she could do sth none of the participants (except certain two individuals) could. Getting the eggs was sth that 42 Hunter candidates could easily achieve. And updraft? Are you kidding me? If the wind would be so strong that it could hold a person I don't see how the eggs could be still where they are.
FAIL.
I agree that more information about Menchi should have been revealed, but there's two sides to that coin. Also, There were 70 candidates prior to going to Mt. Split-in-Half, so the egg ordeal wasn't that easily achievable. And the reason the eggs stayed on is because they're attached to a sticky web strong enough to hold at least four people. A telephone wire can survive strong winds, but they'd surely break from heavily weighted people hanging from it.

Quote:
Also, talk about being lazy, spider webs are in rectangles, lol. Another proof that old anime had better graphics. And the trumpet music is really annoying. It could fit a slap-stick comedy not HxH.
I'll do an image comparison in my next post. The old series definitely did not excel in this scene.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote