View Single Post
Old 2013-07-15, 22:41   Link #2391
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
I'm quite happy to hear you're translating the rest of the Okinawa adventure. The chapters we already had were so informative about Black Lotus' abilities and Crimson Kingbolt's colorful reputation. I hope to learn more about the Mystic Reigns and Item Cards, and the Awakened Mega-Machine.

But as to that wiki entry, here are all the meanings of "Raker" with which I'm familiar. None of them include anything like the idea of someone who watches from above.

After the "Laker" confusion was out of the way, I thought her avatar's name described someone who wanted so badly to touch or reach beyond the sky that they raked their nails across its face.

While we're on the subject of Fuuko, let me see if I have her personal time-line correct:

After the seven Kings reach Level 9 and fall under the Sudden Death rule, Fuuko decides that she's had enough. She's not willing to risk Sudden Death, so she can't reach beyond her current Level 8, which means no more upgrades for her Gale Thruster.

That leaves the Incarnate System as the only possible means of reaching beyond her current limits.

So after the Seven Kings have finished destroying the 5th Chrome Disaster, and before Black Lotus attends the fateful King's Meeting, Raker buys her wheelcahir.

She then confronts Lotus and verbally abuses her king until she agrees to cut off her legs such that they don't ever grow back. Presumably with an IS-effect from Lotus that eventually became sustained by Raker's own imagination.

A part of Raker's emotional manipulation may have even included a declaration that she intended to leave Nega Nebulus one way or the other, to become an Accelerated World hermit that practiced nothing but Incarnation.

Fuuko later worries that her abuse and manipulation contributed to Kuroyukihime's decision to kill Red Rider and declare war on all the surviving Kings. Or perhaps contributed to how well White Cosmos was able to manipulate and trick Lotus.

After the disastrous meeting, Sky Raker is present and in agreement with the other Elements when they reject Black Lotus' plans to give them her Burst Points and go into hiding.

Even though she is wheelchair bound (pushed by Aqua Current) and intending to leave the Black Legion later, Sky Raker travels with them to the Forbidden Castle and pairs up with Black Lotus to challenge the White Tiger God, Byakko of the Western Gate.

They are horribly outmatched, and it is thanks only to Raker's Gale Thruster that the two of them manage to escape Endless Kill Mode.

Sometime after that, Fuuko and Kuroyukihime part ways in real life and do not meet again in the Accelerated World for (two / two-thousand) years.
That should be about right.

Thanks for the translation, Tusjecht.