Thread: Da Capo
View Single Post
Old 2008-02-19, 02:36   Link #622
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Now this is rating is done through my hazy memory, but what I distinctly remember from oh so long ago was that I HATED the series after the first cour. So much pointless stuff that neither advanced the plot, nor gave character development. Talking about specifically about the 'filler' stuff that they put halfway after the episode near the beginning of the second cour, because they don't have anything else to animate. If they had time to put those, might as well condense everything to one cour.

That is, if they only cut some of the introductory episodes short (was there really a need to dedicate an entire episode for each of the heroines?), and somehow compact the end all in one cour, this will be an A rating. But it would've to settle with a B-, and even that is being generous as almost half of the episodes from memory is utter garbage. Only thing that saved it from being the likes of Green Green was the end, which was very well done.

Introductory episodes: B
Episodes with 'filler' scenes: D
Last few episodes: A

Overall rating: B- (felt it took too long, though the end should be seen as it was well done.)

What I felt though was that they learned from this, as DCII was leaps and bounds better in terms of pacing. Just goes to prove that longer is not necessarily better; sometimes, one cour is all you need to tell a proper story.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)