View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 20:00   Link #31
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tun
Let's say I wasn't satisfied with this ending and I wanted to read the manga. Where do I start from where the anime ends off?
Hmm... the manga is available in the US from Viz, through vol. 7. And coincidentally, the anime sort of covers the manga through vol. 7, although the Manga has some differences, and a few stories that were omitted from the anime. Most notably, the festival arc is completely different, and the pre-festival 'fight for the central salon' arc isn't in the anime, which is shame, because it's very funny. Also, Renge doesn't play nearly as much of a role in the manga as she does in the anime, which is kind of a shame.

One good thing-- Viz is pretty good about releasing new volumes every other month. The translations are a little funky in places, but that's par for the course.

Of course, Episode 26 proves who the real King (or is it Queen?) of the Host Club is-- and if you doubt at all, the last image they show is Haruhi in the King's chair at the Host Club. (Which we really knew all along.)

This is definitely in my top 5 of all time.