View Single Post
Old 2010-12-09, 16:11   Link #7349
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodanhko View Post
The Greece Arc that I'm referring to began the moment the group entered Atene (Or should I changed to Athena's second arc).

I think the correct interpretation is that the EoTW and the Athens Arc have the greatest development for Hayate, because those arcs involved Athena (which can easily be said Athena's arc). The male character can not be said to have an arc because he involves in every arc (for every girl), so it's the position/involvement of the female character that determinate who the arc belongs to.

The arcs that belonged to Hina and Izumi previously were considered their arcs, not because of their incapability to have any impact on Hayate's development, but because they were the main girls involved in those arcs.
The fact that Hayate's character was definitely built up during the two 'Athena' arcs, while Athena is still mostly in the dark for her development.

Hina, Izumi and all of the other characters who have gotten their own dedicated arcs were noticeably different characters once we had gotten through their arcs, even Nagi is getting significantly built up in the current arc, while Hayate had minimal growth throughout.
What you're calling the Athena arc only had that effect for Hayate's character, not Athena. If you don't like that explanation, technically, it would be the Midas' arc, since even he got more characterization than Athena, explained by his almost gaining complete control of her during it.

I tend to call it the Athens arc because, while it follows Hayate, Athens is where the arc happens.
The place/time is given the arc names because the characters will conceivably be given multiple arcs. Hayate has been given a steady stream of character building throughout, but major developments for him happened during Athena's appearances, probably because of her influence on his past and his devotion to her because of that.

Athena hasn't even been animated yet, but she was still able to grasp 5th place of the 2nd character poll and get more nominations than Rukia of Bleach in ISML last year. Her hinting is enough to have gotten her those places, she didn't need her own character development arcs for it. And she was developed more in those hints than in the arcs themselves really.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote